Senior Software Engineer
At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, safe pesticides, among treatments for other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $50M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
You should think about joining us if you care about enabling the application of machine learning to important problems. For example, we are not constrained by latency or uptime but by scaling and parallelization: today we analyze 100 million molecules per day, but there are about 10^24 (a trillion trillion) synthetically-accessible molecules. Come help us pick up a couple orders-of-magnitude.
Our Engineering team is small and growing quickly. As a result, there’s plenty of opportunities to have a big impact on our success.
- Help us scale the software and infrastructure running our deep learning technology.
- Be a key player in designing and building cloud-based infrastructure-as-code solutions to support our machine learning workflow (1000+ CPU and GPU instances).
- Work closely with other software engineers via code reviews and testing to foster high-quality code and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years with each of the following: writing cloud software, Python, and a compiled language (C++, Java, etc).
- Comfort working with Docker and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Deep familiarity with the Linux command-line environment.
- Experience writing Scientific Software.
When applying, please provide
- A cover letter.
- A resume.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Relaxed work environment
- Great colleagues
Atomwise is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S.Apply For Job