Senior Software Engineer / Machine Learning
At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery, and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, safe pesticides, among treatments for other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $50M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
You should think about joining us if you care about enabling the application of machine learning to essential problems. For example, we are not constrained by latency or uptime but by scaling and parallelization. Today we can analyze more than 100 million molecules per day, but there are about 10^24 synthetically-accessible molecules. Come help us pick up a couple of orders-of-magnitude.
Our team has over 20 Ph.D. scientists who contribute to a high-performance academic-like culture that fosters robust scientific and technical excellence. We strongly believe that data wins over opinions, and aim for as little dogma as possible in our decision making.
Our Engineering team is small and growing quickly. As a result, there’s plenty of opportunities for career growth and to have a significant impact on our success.
- Have the opportunity to learn and improve how we run machine learning at scale to deliver new drugs
- Take a lead role in designing and implementing the software that runs our convolutional neural network
- Foster high-quality and adaptable software and systems using code reviews, scrum, and tests
- Interact closely with scientists at the company (your users) to iteratively determine goals for your projects and evaluate progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of software engineering experience
- High proficiency in Python and a compiled language (e.g., C++, golang, Java, etc)
- Experience implementing deep learning architectures with PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Familiarity with the Linux command-line environment
- Background working with GPU architecture and CUDA programming concepts
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Strong emphasis on collaborative learning and career development
Atomwise is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S.Apply For Job