Senior Software Engineer / Cloud
At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery, and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, safe pesticides, among treatments for other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $50M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
You should think about joining us if you care about enabling the application of machine learning to essential problems. For example, we are not constrained by latency or uptime but by scaling and parallelization. Today we can analyze more than 100 million molecules per day, but there are about 10^24 synthetically-accessible molecules. Come help us pick up a couple of orders-of-magnitude.
Our team has over 20 Ph.D. scientists who contribute to a high-performance academic-like culture that fosters robust scientific and technical excellence. We strongly believe that data wins over opinions, and aim for as little dogma as possible in our decision making.
Our Engineering team is small and growing quickly. As a result, there’s plenty of opportunities for career growth and to have a significant impact on our success.
- Have the opportunity to learn and improve how we run machine learning at scale to deliver new drugs
- Play an essential role in designing and building cloud-based solutions consisting of 1000+ CPU and GPU instances in a highly dynamic scaling environment
- Foster high-quality and adaptable software and systems using code reviews, scrum, and tests
- Interact closely with scientists at the company (your users) to iteratively determine goals for your projects and to evaluate progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of software engineering experience
- High proficiency in Python and a compiled language (e.g., C++, golang, Java, etc)
- A record of designing and implementing cloud software using docker containers
- Experience mentoring other software engineers
- High proficiency with the Linux command-line environment
- Experience building and deploying batch computing workloads or microservices onto Kubernetes
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Strong emphasis on collaborative learning and career development
Atomwise is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S.Apply For Job