Senior Data Engineer, Cheminformatics/Bioinformatics
At Atomwise, we invented the first deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery and we’re currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. We work on Alzheimer’s, cancer, diabetes, drug-resistant antibiotics, safe pesticides, among treatments for other diseases. We’ve partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies, raised over $50M from top VCs, and have 100+ diverse projects currently running.
We are looking for a data engineer or data scientist with strong database and software engineering skills, ideally in a scientific domain such as cheminformatics or bioinformatics. You will be contributing to the design and development of massive cheminformatic datasets for machine learning, with the opportunity to construct novel analyses which inform our ML directions for drug discovery research. As a member of the R&D team, you’ll have the chance to interact daily with software engineers, machine learning scientists, computational chemists, and fellow cheminformaticians.
- M.Sc/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or B.S. in Computer Science with 7+ years experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience in database engineering, data processing pipelines, and HPC
- Strong database design and software-engineering best practices
- Strong knowledge of statistics, data analytics, and data visualization
- Strong coding skills in at least one high-level programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Good familiarity with Linux command-line environment
- Experience in bioinformatics or cheminformatics, working with ingestion of third-party and internal data sources
- Experience working with scalable algorithms utilizing large amounts of data
- Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS/Azure/GCE)
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Familiarity with organic chemistry
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner.
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Generous parental leave.
- Relaxed work environment.
- Great colleagues.
Apply For Job